The office typically consists of several moving parts that all work together at once in order to ensure the business stays afloat. Luckily, with the rise of technology innovative solutions have come to the forefront of business operations. Whether you work at a large corporate company or a small agency, there are several online tools available to you and your team that can help make your day-to-day run more efficiently.
Here are just a few:
- Google Drive
92% of employees say having technology that helps them do their job efficiently affects their work satisfaction, according to a study. Make sure your employees are part of the majority by adopting these powerful online programs!
Trello is a crowd favorite amongst office workers everywhere. This work management system is highly visual and easy for users to follow, contributing to its popularity. Trello is very user-friendly and possesses powerful capabilities that promote cross-collaboration in the office space. It works as a board system with tasks and projects that can be moved visually across the platform to follow the workflow. Users simply click and drag the card to its next step in the process or mark it as complete when finished.
Here are a few neat features:
- Work with multiple teams: Can mean different companies or different groups within companies. This ensures everything is kept separate and organized.
- Add details to each board: Comments, attachments, due dates.
- Built-in workflow automation: Boost productivity with Butler, an AI that can initiate due date commands, calendar commands, custom card & board buttons, rule-based triggers.
- App integration: Trello can work with other powerful workforce tools like Slack or Google Drive for ultimate efficiency.
Simpplr is a powerful addition to your workplace’s intranet. This online software works to bring your employees together in the online space. It essentially is like a social media platform for the company, promoting cross-collaboration and culture.
Here are a few of Simpplr’s best features:
- Interactive employee directory: Quickly and easily connect with the right people through an employee directory that makes collaborating with coworkers easy.
- Employee profiles: Featuring biographies, areas of expertise, activities, and social connections that help the office get to know each other.
- Social collaboration: Employees can engage with each other using share, like and response buttons. Follow favorite users; socially tag content; engage users with polls and surveys.
- Social following: Follow and favorite coworkers to stay on top of posts, blogs, updates, and celebrations.
- Photo & video albums: Promote your company culture with photo and video content. Just drag-and-drop to add and organize.
- Employee blogs: Allows employees to share ideas and experiences.
- Cross-app integration: Works with cloud-based services like DropBox and Google Drive, as well as collaborative programs like Slack and Salesforce.
3. Google Drive
Who needs to pay Microsoft Office when you have Google Drive? This platform, hosted by the search engine giant, is a free cloud-based storage base for all your work file needs. Users can easily access their files online as long as they have a Google account. The service syncs stored documents, photos and more across all of the user’s devices, including mobile devices, tablets, and PCs.
The sharing capabilities of Google Drive are what make it a top pick amongst employers everywhere. Here are a few key benefits:
- Backup your files so they are never lost
- Send large files to coworkers
- Access to Google documents
- Efficient built-in search bar to easily find documents
- Optical character recognition feature
- Share photos and videos with your contacts
- Open and edit various kinds of documents (not just Google files).
Google documents include Docs, Sheets, and Slides that are completely online and save instantly as you work. You can also access the files while offline, although your changes will not be saved. They work very similarly to the Microsoft Office series (Word, Excel, etc.) and automatically appear in your Google Drive.
Easily collaborate with coworkers by sharing a link to the document and organizing it into a folder in the drive. Multiple users can work on a document at once and leave comments for ultimate team efficiency.
Looking for a way to meet with your team members face-to-face without coming into the office? GoToMeeting offers a solution. This tool is especially useful for those who own an online business. Whether you’re traveling, working remotely, or conducting an interview, GoToMeeting is your platform for setting up online video calls.
Here’s what you can do:
- Instantly join, host or manage a video, audio or web meeting from a conference room, your desk or a remote location via your Mac, PC or mobile device.
- Integration with conference rooms to instantly turn your video call into a group meeting that accommodates everyone.
- Host online events such as webinars.
- Sync contacts to the platform and easily access them.
- Diagnostic reports: Inside look at quality-based performance metrics.
GoToMeeting is highly user-friendly, functioning as a clickable link with an access code that allows users to click and access the video call.