User experience simply means, creating a great experience for the user. In the words of Google, “focus on the user and everything else will follow”. User experience particularly focuses on improving the usability, accessibility and efficiency of user interaction with websites.
Here are some solid ways through which you can improve the user experience in your website.
1- Follow The Double Diamond Design Process Model
The Double Diamond Design process was created by the British Design Council and it involves the following phases of the project design:
Follow the above steps while designing your website because this way you will be able to properly determine the needs of your users and design accordingly. A better design will lead to more sales in future.
2- Design a Flawless Website
Create a flawless website by following the below suggestions:
- Adopt a consistent color scheme and keep your logo in the same place in all your pages.
- Use contrasting colors for CTA so that it becomes easier for the user to take an action.
- Keep all your navigation consistent across your entire site.
- Make sure your images load quickly and adopt lazy load.
- Create a simple typography style for different elements in your website.
- Deliver a consistent content experience that is easy to read and share.
- Download Use white space to your advantage.
- Add options like live chat to assist the user in real time.
- Collect user data and take appropriate steps to further optimize your website.
3- Don’t Provide Users With a Poor Link Experience
Webmasters are not aware of the fact that they can lose a whole lot of money by providing users with a poor link experience. A study by WooRank revealed that around 18% backlinks provide users with a poor link experience and around 12% of ecommerce links sends users to a page with a 404 status. This leads to a loss in direct revenue because users are redirected to a page that are not able to fulfill their demands for product choices.
4- Deliver a Good Mobile Experience
In the words of Google, “Mobile users are very goal-oriented. They expect to be able to get what they need, immediately, and on their own terms.” Follow the below guidelines to deliver a good mobile experience to your users:
- Have a response website that loads uniformly on all devices.
- Create AMP pages and try to get your site featured on Single Source AMP Carousels.
- Keep all Call to Actions in the front and center.
- Make all of your user’s common tasks easily available.
- Keep menus short and sweet.
- Make it easy for the users to get back to the home page.
- Keep the font large and visible.
- Make sure the buttons are easily clickable.
- Keep site search visible and make sure all the navigation menu are visible and clickable.
- Make it easy to filter and guide users to a better search results.
UX is important because it helps to fulfill the needs of the users. It enhances your brand goodwill and helps to keep the user loyal to your product or brand. Having loyal customers in your business helps to improve your bottom line and raise your overall profits.