Creating a positive online image and staying in touch with people are primary goals of the political websites. What are they? Presidential websites, government official pages, sites of various political parties and campaigns – it’s only the beginning of the list. The focus of our attention today is Political Web Design.
How does the design of the mighty ones look like? What are the most common features of such web presences? Follow us to dive deeper in this topic.
As the President is a head of the state, his official page is, let us call it so, his face. Converting the political ideas correctly, winning the attention of people, and staying in touch with them – these are the key points of every political website. Looking at sites of this kind, you can notice some similar features:
- Responsive design. It allows to get more views from greater amount of users.
- Powerful social media integration. It’s good when there is a space for discussions all over the web.
- High resolution photos. Professionally done images are obligatory in building confidence.
- Effective headlines. To get an idea of what is written in the following article.
- Enough whitespace. When clutter elements are avoided and the whitespace is used, it becomes easier to present everything clearly to the audience.
- The readable content. Usually, such sites are content heavy. The layout should be correctly organized to present all the blocks of information in a comprehensive way.
- News blog. It is essential for presenting fresh news and press releases.
Political sites usually avoid heavy graphics and some artistic creative designs, because it’s not always convenient for users and not appropriate.
One more interesting point are the colors that are used for designing of these sites. Usually, these are the traditional colors of the national flag. The most commonly used are: white, red, blue, green, yellow. There are certain historically developed associations with these colors. They are not absolute, but they still exists. It’s not obligatory that they mean the same in the beneath examples of sites.
– Blue (dark blue) is associated with conservative parties.
– Green is for green politics.
– Red is usually associated with socialism and communism.
– Yellowis the color of liberalism.
– White is linked to pacifism.
And one more time – these are only association. The colors can have other meanings in the following examples.
Well, that’s enough for the general info, let’s see the examples of the Top Official Presidential Sites. Which of them present great design and what solutions are used – you’ll see it while continuing reading.
To see the solid designs for political sites and blogs, visit the category of political WordPress themes at templatemonster.com with the efficient designs aimed at gaining the maximum potential of political campaigns.
Here is an example of great execution of the political site. Clean and clear, without extra elements that interfere with communicating the main idea. There is enough whitespace on the background that helps to focus attention on the blogroll. The header is made in blue against which large images look more contrasting. A neat typography and logo in traditional US colors create a warm welcome to the visitors. The laconic design concept of a good site.