It’s time for an interesting review with catchy examples. What can it be this Wednesday? Best Designed eCommerce Sites are on the newsstand today along with highlighting the tips for making these designs sell.
There are no secrets, just the rules, observing which, you can create a good eCommerce design that will drive more visitors and turn them into your customers. But before you raise a profit, you should set up a solid basis for the future success. What is it? A profitable online store starts with a good design, and such good designs you’ll see in the examples of existing sites below. Looking at them and analyzing, you can find out certain points that are aimed at gaining the maximum eCommerce performance. Let’s enumerate them.
- Cool sliders in the header for presenting the featured items. There is a variety of choices for sliders that offers you to choose the one that will certainly focus visitor’s attention on the products.
- Good visibility of products. Usually, they are placed against the neutral background for the better visibility.
- Easy-to-perceive content structure . It can be presented in the grid style or tiles, but some creative solutions are also very welcome.
- Catchy design elements can bring the desired attractiveness and complement the whole design idea.
- Typography also plays its role. Well chosen, it will contribute to the style and business direction of the online store.
- Creative price notifications. You can just place the price near the item, show it in pop-up window, highlight it when hovering its area, and do much more for making it noticeable.
Still, there are three key features from the mentioned above that are of the previous importance for eCommerce sites: descriptive product pages, decent navigation, well done layout.
And now let’s find out how all these points are realized in the following examples.
This one is really cool. Here is the way to make your customers interested and even say “wow!”. It’s the example of tile-based layout with the content part divided into colored sections. This design uses bright colors to set up an optimistic tone and engage the viewers. The upper tiles present a slider with the best-selling products, in the tiles below there is an embedded video and other content.
What do we find here? The layout is presented in grid style ( 5 columns). Some of the cells have underlining images that may be animated. Clicking them, you can see the pop-up window with the hidden information revealed. At a first look, it’s minimal layout, but it is nicely spiced-up with animated elements.